We therapists give a lot to our job. And we’re lucky to be in professions that help people everyday. But sometimes, we just need a little something special in our own cups. Read on for drink recipes that any therapist can appreciate!
1. The ‘DOH/Joint Commission Shadowed Me all Day “Tea”‘
Ingredients: 2 shots of vodka
Recipe: Return home from work. Pour 2 shots of vodka into a coffee mug. Down in 2 gulps. Repeat as needed.
2. The ‘100% Productivity Espresso Bomb‘
Ingredients: 4 shots of espresso, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 can of Red Bull.
* Recipe: Mix all ingredients and place in a tumbler to-go. Monitor blood pressure and heart rate throughout the day.
* …We are kidding. Please don’t drink this.
3. The ‘I Discharged 5 Patients’ Aperitif
Ingredients: 1 sugar cube, angostura bitters, champagne, orange twist for garnish.
Recipe: Soak sugar cube with bitters, place in champagne flute, top with champagne, add garnish. Sip before dinner to celebrate that you helped 5 people meet their therapy goals.
4. The ‘OMG I Just Discharged 5 Patients Today’ Chaser
Ingredients: 1 shot of tequila, 16 oz cold water and a splash of panic.
Recipe: Drink tequila followed immediately by 16 oz of water. Frantically email your team for more patients.
5. The ‘Patient Before Lunch Canceled’ Latte
Ingredients: 8 oz whole milk (or sub oat milk or nut milk of your choice), 2 shots of espresso, 1 tablespoon hazelnut syrup, chocolate powder.
Recipe: Foam and steam milk, pull shots of espresso into a mug, add hazelnut syrup, add milk and top with chocolate powder. Sip during your long lunch while reading a book for pleasure.
6. The ‘Finally, A Useful CEU Course’ Smoothie
Ingredients: 1 cup apple juice, 1 cup fresh berries, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/3 cup protein powder, 1/4 cup chia seeds, handful of spinach.
Recipe: Place all ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth. Chug the drink, save the world.
7. The ‘Sea-zure Breeze‘
Ingredients: 1 1/2 ounces vodka, 3 ounces cranberry juice, 1 ounce grapefruit juice, garnish: grapefruit slice.
Recipe: Pour vodka and cranberry juice in glass with ice cubes. Stir vigorously. Add grapefruit juice and garnish with grapefruit slice.
8. The ‘Godfather Nurse’ Cocktail
Ingredients: ice, 1 part amaretto, 2 parts scotch
Recipe: Place ice in old fashioned glass, add amaretto and scotch, stir. Drink slowly while watching nervous therapists over the rim of your glass. Try not to blink.
9. The ‘Semi-Mandatory Work Party’ Craft Beer
Ingredients: BYOB 6-pack lager from a local brewery, whisky in a hidden flask
1) Show up with 6-pack before realizing it’s not that kind of party.
2) Mistake Rebecca from nursing with Rebecca from scheduling.
3) Endure painfully long welcome speech interlaced with not-so-subtle productivity hints.
4) Once karaoke starts, steal sips of whisky from flask.
5) Pass on beer to PTA buddy as you escape to your cars.
More Therapy Humor:
Our handbook for Home Health Speech Language Pathologists:
Thehomehealthslphandbook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.